Steve Lockwood and team clearing the way to the wildlife pond at Rufforth School
Teams of employee volunteers can volunteer together to address York's community needs. Choose from our annual programme of team challenges:
- Community challenges, one-off projects to transform community buildings and urban green spaces
- Big Community Challenge, transform a local community space in just three days in October
- York Cares at Christmas, visit the elderly to spread some festive cheer and collect much needed items for those living in temporary accommodation
Click here for a current list of opportunities
Click here to see Benenden Health's team challenge story.
Fera at York RSPCA during Team Challenge Launch Week
York St John University Team Challenge at Greenfields School and Community Garden
To find out more about how your organisation can get involved in team challenges — or anything else about York Cares — just contact our dedicated team, based at The University of York. We would love to hear from you.
Call us ...
- You can join us
- York Cares makes volunteering easy for organisations of all sizes with a flexible, reliable and high-profile framework.
- Success stories
- Read about some of the ways we've helped our employer members to deliver real, recognisable benefits to York communities.
- York Children's University
- Your volunteers can help disadvantaged children from York primary schools learn key life skills such as finance or cookery — or you can deliver your own sponsored programme.
- Enterprise Hub
- Share your business expertise with charity and community organisations. Volunteers can offer support with specific skills such as IT or marketing or undertake a discrete project with an organisation, for example a policy review or a market research study.
- Starting Blocks
- Through this nationally-acclaimed, York-based programme you can provide supported work placements and skills workshops for care leavers aged 16-18.
- Young York Cares
- Your volunteers can help us to engage over 1000 young people each year from schools, further and higher education in inspirational community projects around York.