Teams of employee volunteers can volunteer together to address York's community needs. Choose from our annual programme of team challenges:
- Community challenges, one-off projects to transform community buildings and urban green spaces
- Big Community Challenge, transform a local community space in just three days in October
- York Cares at Christmas, visit the elderly to spread some festive cheer and collect much needed items for those living in temporary accommodation
Click here for a current list of opportunities
To find out more about how your organisation can get involved in team challenges — or anything else about York Cares — just contact our dedicated team, based at The University of York. We would love to hear from you.
Call us ...
- You can join us
- York Cares makes volunteering easy for organisations of all sizes with a flexible, reliable and high-profile framework.
- Success stories
- Read about some of the ways we've helped our employer members to deliver real, recognisable benefits to York communities.
- York Children's University
- Your volunteers can help disadvantaged children from York primary schools learn key life skills such as finance or cookery — or you can deliver your own sponsored programme.
- Enterprise Hub
- Share your business expertise with charity and community organisations. Volunteers can offer support with specific skills such as IT or marketing or undertake a discrete project with an organisation, for example a policy review or a market research study.
- Starting Blocks
- Through this nationally-acclaimed, York-based programme you can provide supported work placements and skills workshops for care leavers aged 16-18.
- Team challenges
- Your volunteers can work together in a team to address York's community needs throughout the year, choosing from a menu of practical community challenges and seasonal challenges.