Accelerating Enterprise is an innovative new project in York. Working together with York CVS and Your Consortium , we're helping social enterprises, community and voluntary groups and charities to challenge and change the way that they work.
Through the Enterprise Hub, York Cares will bring together local third sector organisations and volunteers from a business and student talent pool to provide:
- Business skills workshops
- Bespoke visioning / strategic business planning
- Access to advice in a specific area from a talent pool of:
- employees from local business
- senior business leaders
- postgraduate research students
- Student Charity Internships
A pilot scheme is currently underway in which we are working with a small number of charities to diagnose their needs, and business partners to develop an offer to meet these needs.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact Helen Jackson on 01904 322922.
Call us ...
- You can join us
- York Cares makes volunteering easy for organisations of all sizes with a flexible, reliable and high-profile framework.
- Success stories
- Read about some of the ways we've helped our employer members to deliver real, recognisable benefits to York communities.
- York Children's University
- Your volunteers can help disadvantaged children from York primary schools learn key life skills such as finance or cookery — or you can deliver your own sponsored programme.
- Starting Blocks
- Through this nationally-acclaimed, York-based programme you can provide supported work placements and skills workshops for care leavers aged 16-18.
- Team challenges
- Your volunteers can work together in a team to address York's community needs throughout the year, choosing from a menu of practical community challenges and seasonal challenges.
- Young York Cares
- Your volunteers can help us to engage over 1000 young people each year from schools, further and higher education in inspirational community projects around York.