York's annual Volunteering Conference >>
Wednesday 22 May 2013, 2.30pm - 5.30pm
York Cares bulletin board
Individual opportunities through York Volunteer Centre
with York CVS
The York Volunteer Centre advertise a range of opportunities for community organisations.
Trustees needed at York Playspace Charity
with York Playspace
York Playspace are looking to recruit new trustees to join the Board to get involved in the with the strategic management of the organisation. Minimum commitment is 3-4 hours per month and a knowledge of marketing or HR would be desirable.
Bid writer / fundraiser CANDI
CANDI is seeking an experienced Fundraiser to work with the committee to identify funding streams and write funding bids.
Trustees required for Upstage Centre Youth Theatre
with Upstage Centre Youth Theatre
Upstage Centre Youth Theatre are looking for trustees with an interest in / experience of finance, youth theatre and young people, marketing, fundraising and theatre management.
with York Family Mediation Service
York FMS are looking for a chaiorperson to lead the board of trustees and take on a strategic role within the organisation.
Volunteer to inspire children about Science and Maths
with STEM ambassadors
Volunteers required to undertake a whole range of activities to inspire children and young people in science, technology, engineering and maths.
- You can join us
- York Cares makes volunteering easy for organisations of all sizes with a flexible, reliable and high-profile framework.
- Success stories
- Read about some of the ways we've helped our employer members to deliver real, recognisable benefits to York communities.
- York Children's University
- Your volunteers can help disadvantaged children from York primary schools learn key life skills such as finance or cookery — or you can deliver your own sponsored programme.
- Enterprise Hub
- Share your business expertise with charity and community organisations. Volunteers can offer support with specific skills such as IT or marketing or undertake a discrete project with an organisation, for example a policy review or a market research study.
- Starting Blocks
- Through this nationally-acclaimed, York-based programme you can provide supported work placements and skills workshops for care leavers aged 16-18.
- Team challenges
- Your volunteers can work together in a team to address York's community needs throughout the year, choosing from a menu of practical community challenges and seasonal challenges.
- Young York Cares
- Your volunteers can help us to engage over 1000 young people each year from schools, further and higher education in inspirational community projects around York.