York Cares at Christmas >>
Now recruiting teams to collect gifts for those in crisis at Christmas
York Cares bulletin board
Individual opportunities through Volunteering York
with York CVS
Volunteering York advertise a range of opportunities for community organisations.
Recruiting Community Panel Members
with City of York Council
We are recruiting volunteer Community Panel Members to represent the local community when a young person has been given a Referal Order from Court. Full training and ongoing support is given.
Christmas Collections with York Rotary
with York Charities
Volunteers wanted to help with Santa float collections across York and Sainsbury's bag pack
by Dec. 18, 2013 » More info
with Lives Unlimited
A York-based innovative user led organisation expanding to become a Community Interest Company is looking to recruit an experienced volunteer Treasurer. The Treasurer is needed to manage our finances and financial planning.
with Friends of York Hospital
We are looking for 2 new Trustees to join our Committee to contribute to the renewal of our organisation through:
- helping us to achieve a higher public profile
- helping us to improve our fundraising programme
- helping us to raise awareness of our volunteer programme
with York Childcare
York Childcare is a charity, established in 1990, managed by a board of voluntary trustees, who have a particular interest in supporting the childcare needs of lone parents. We are seeking to recruit new trustees to strengthen our Management Board
- You can join us
- York Cares makes volunteering easy for organisations of all sizes with a flexible, reliable and high-profile framework.
- Success stories
- Read about some of the ways we've helped our employer members to deliver real, recognisable benefits to York communities.
- York Children's University
- Your volunteers can help disadvantaged children from York primary schools learn key life skills such as finance or cookery — or you can deliver your own sponsored programme.
- Enterprise Hub
- Share your business expertise with charity and community organisations. Volunteers can offer support with specific skills such as IT or marketing or undertake a discrete project with an organisation, for example a policy review or a market research study.
- Starting Blocks
- Through this nationally-acclaimed, York-based programme you can provide supported work placements and skills workshops for care leavers aged 16-18.
- Team Challenges
- Your volunteers can work together in a team to address York's community needs throughout the year, choosing from a menu of practical community challenges and seasonal challenges.
- Young York Cares
- Your volunteers can help us to engage over 1000 young people each year from schools, further and higher education in inspirational community projects around York.