Sign up now! >>
Our popular Right to Read scheme is open for applications.
York Cares bulletin board
Individual opportunities through Volunteering York
with York CVS
Volunteering York advertise a range of opportunities for community organisations.
Recruiting a new Chairperson
with York Playspace
York Playspace is looking for a dynamic, imaginative leader to contribute your skills and expertise to a local children’s charity, as part of an enthusiastic and committed trustee team, who provide governance and direction to our work.
with York Childcare
York Childcare is a charity, established in 1990, managed by a board of voluntary trustees, who have a particular interest in supporting the childcare needs of lone parents. We are seeking to recruit new trustees to strengthen our Management Board
with City of York Council
If you enjoy walking and would like to encourage others to walk regularly, you could become a volunteer walk leader!
Help plan fundraising event
with Oaken Grove Community Centre
We are looking for 12 enthusiastic volunteers to help plan a fundraising event. Each volunteer will be allocated a set of tasks totalling an average of 6.75 hours, such as publicity, logistics and running the event.
- You can join us
- York Cares makes volunteering easy for organisations of all sizes with a flexible, reliable and high-profile framework.
- Success stories
- Read about some of the ways we've helped our employer members to deliver real, recognisable benefits to York communities.
- York Children's University
- Your volunteers can help disadvantaged children from York primary schools learn key life skills such as finance or cookery — or you can deliver your own sponsored programme.
- Enterprise Hub
- Share your business expertise with charity and community organisations. Volunteers can offer support with specific skills such as IT or marketing or undertake a discrete project with an organisation, for example a policy review or a market research study.
- Starting Blocks
- Through this nationally-acclaimed, York-based programme you can provide supported work placements and skills workshops for care leavers aged 16-18.
- Team Challenges
- Your volunteers can work together in a team to address York's community needs throughout the year, choosing from a menu of practical community challenges and seasonal challenges.
- Young York Cares
- Your volunteers can help us to engage over 1000 young people each year from schools, further and higher education in inspirational community projects around York.