Covid-19 Update: In order to continue the Social Connections programme during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, all Social Connections activity will be delivered virtually or over the phone until further notice. We are looking for employee-volunteers to support a range of activities from over the phone technology support to virtual Christmas parties. Some virtual activity may require employee-volunteers to undergo a DBS check and adult safeguarding training.
Through the Social Connections programme, employee-volunteers can contribute to the wellbeing of older people in York. By supporting older people, employee-volunteers can have a positive impact on people’s lives at a time when vulnerability and isolation can be high.
Who is it for?
● Employee-volunteers who want to support older people in York and help to address the demographic shift in the age structure of society.
How does it work?
Teams of employee-volunteers can:
- host activities, games sessions and seasonal parties for older people in independent living communities and care homes across York.
- host a tea party at their organisation, for older people living across York.
- deliver Tea and Technology sessions to promote digital inclusion by improving the digital skills of older people across York.
- become a companion for older people and support them in attending our seasonal day trips.
● For employee-volunteers who are interested in taking part, contact us on email@example.com and we will share with you all the current opportunities. We are also happy to discuss any bespoke ideas that you may have.